Saturday, May 21, 2011

Yesterday was a wonderful day

I had lunch with Mighty Mom, a former neighbour, a great writer and mom, who now lives an ocean away but lucked out for a quick trip back to Geneva.

At night there was a surprise birthday party for another writer and spending the evening with nine creative, intelligent women is a gift.

One of my friends approached me. She told me of another acquaintance, a doctor doing some kind of research on people who had breast cancer. Would I be willing to talk to her.

Of course I would. I hope she calls.

For the last couple of weeks I could easily pretend there had been no cancer. Now on Monday I have two appointments and on Wednesday a third. They'll setup the radiation schedule. Pretend time is over. Back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment